Sunday 18 July 2010

A montage of the beautiful

If someone were to ever ask me which male celebrities I have a wee crush on there'd be no problem- I could reel off a list of 5 of my top ten men without even thinking about it. The other day however, I was caught off guard when my house mates and I were trying to compile a list of our top 5 women. Boy was it hard, I actually had to go off think about it, draft a list, rewrite it. (actually I didn't go that far, but you get my drift) There's so much to think about with women do they seem like nice, lovely women? Do they make bold fashion choices and do they commit to their personal style, if indeed they even have their own personal style? I scrapped the idea of making a list after a while- why limit myself to only 5 choices... so here, in no particular order is a list of women who, if I was that way inclined and if I could.. then I would.

They are all so bloody adorable!

Victoria Legrand (of Beach house fame)

The voice, the hair, the way she goes a bit nuts dancing
and headbanging whilst on stage. It's hard not to fall a little
bit in love with her when you see her live. What. a. Babe.



Kirsten Dunst

From Vintage Dunst (By 'vintage' i mean around Virgin Suicides/Bring it on era.. not as far back as Jumanji and interview with a vampire) to the newer stuff, including Elizbethtown and Marie Antoinette, it's hard not to fall in love with her cute smile and sunny looks. Also she's go genuinely lovely, laid back street style. Add to that the fact that she's set to play Camille in Kerouac's 'On the Road' (a favourite of mine) and her recent modelling stint for Opening Ceremony's new collection (which can be seen here) lets face it, how could anyone not love her?



Zooey Deschanel

A bit of an obvious one.. it seems everyone is after a bit of Zooey, especially since her role as Summer in '500 Days of Summer'. An actress AND a singer/songwriter (and not one of those actresses who decide that they can sell records off the back of their success as an actress, who are auto tuned to within an inch of their lives- Lindsay Lohan, Hilary Duff, I'm looking at you) Turns out Zooey's pretty talented as both a singer and a song writer and, correct me if i'm wrong but nothing about her seems manufactured. Also she's married to Ben Gibbard of Death Cab, That's pretty rad.



Charlotte Kemp Muhl

Beautiful Voice, Beautiful Face and she's dating The son of a Beatle (Sean Lennon). Another multi-talented beauty, she's a model and also in the band 'The ghost of a saber Tooth Tiger' with Sean Lennon (They sound quite a lot like the Beatles?!) Also she has the raddest dress sense and the most ridiculous collection of clothes..



Alexa Chung


Another obvious one but this woman can do no wrong in my eyes. Well dressed, a dry sense of humour and she seems like she's not afraid to make fun of herself. Also.. she's just too bloody cute to not include!

Mary Kate Olsen


Sorry Ashley, you're pretty cool too but it's Mary Kate that I have an unhealthy obsession with. Bold fashion choices- i don't agree with them all but she seems to dress with such integrity. I love the way he twins have managed to prove themselves as proper actresses as well as designers and lose their squeaky clean child actor image without going completely off the rails!


Some other people i also like:
                    









2 comments:

  1. zooey is a vegan too! all these ladies are hot hot hot, but i like the criteria you used to choose them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i'm told my taste in Women actually surpasses my taste in men!

    ReplyDelete