Friday 23 July 2010

The Gainsbourg family.

Ever since I wrote the previous blog I keep remembering loads more wonderful women that I regularly fall a little bit in love with (It's statements like this that keep poor Jack questioning my sexuality- I APPRECIATE the female form, we're something else, us girls!)

Don't you worry though, this is not another list of girls I fancy.. no, it's far more cultured.

I am completely obsessed with the colab between the genius Beck and Charlotte Gainsbourg, total babe, actress and singer. I guess being the daughter of the man, the legend Serge Gainsbourg, it's no surprise that the actress, known for her roles in 'Science of sleep', '21 grams' and 'I'm not there' tried her hand at singing.

The album, produced by Beck, has been out since 2009 and is, by no means a well kept secret... but it's so bloody good I just had to write about it!

My favourite song, the single 'Heaven can wait' has a pretty nuts video which you can see HERE.
Plus Beck is pretty sexy, if you're in to the skinny, talented sort.. which i definitely am.

On the Topic of the Gainsbourg's, there's a new Biopic out about Serge which, (i think) will hit the cinemas at the end of this month entitled 'Gainsbourg (Vie heroique)'.. From what I've heard about the film, it's in french (with subs) and is bound to be of a very sexual nature (I mean it's Serge!)
I'm pretty stoked to see it!





Apologies for this post being so text heavy (so many words so little sense!)
To make up for it here is a picture of an embarrassed looking dog in a monkey suit, courtesy of stuffonmymutt.com. Genius.


Edit: Apparently I'm a little slow on the up take- the film has been out since the beginning of this year, or so i'm told. Oops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment