Wednesday 1 September 2010

Retro Summer.






(postcards/prints by Juliet Blaxland- checkout her online store, she has loads of cute kitsch postcards and images!)


Hello beautifuls, I am back from Croatia and boy a lot has happened whilst I've been away. I returned to learn that the Uk was raining and pouring whilst I was frolicking in the sea, the house I put an offer on fell through (which sucks) AND robbie williams got married. Big. News.

I have a few holiday snaps to show y'all although most of them were taken on my fuji instax (basically a polaroid but cheaper and a different film format) and are yet to be scanned in. Jack and I had a lot of fun with the instant camera, posing in lovely little back streets (I've also managed to have my photo taken with what seems like Croatia's entire kitten population!). There's something so satisfying about seeing a photo develop right before your eyes!

It's funny, when I'm on holiday I tend to bring items of my wardrobe that I wouldn't normally have the guts to wear in London town- so this holiday saw me wearing my ebay bought denim bra/top paired with my denim high waisters.. boy did i feel like daisy duke (and that's Catherine Bach not Jessica simpson!) I also like to pretend that I'm a holiday maker from the 50's (hence the instant photo's, Retro swimsuits and high waisters galore!) One thing i can never understand though is how women always looked impeccable, so glamourous on holidays. Sun, sea, heat and wind are a disaster for the hair and skin and yet in any retro holiday snaps you see the women seem cool and composed- not a hair outta place. Well at least i tried.

( Dayum, I can't actually connect my camera to the computer and therefore cannot upload any of my own photos so i will try and sort that out and in the mean time leave you with some original 60's holiday snaps- taken in Butlins when it was cool to holiday there)





Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment